Wc3 patch 1.27b allows for maps upto 128mb

If you liked Impossible Bosses before it was cool, this is your hangout! All discussion of the Warcraft III version of Impossible Bosses takes place here.
Semi-Noob

Wc3 patch 1.27b allows for maps upto 128mb

Postby Sexytime » February 14th, 2017, 1:38 am

psyris interested?

your biggest fan, sexytime.

Advertisement

Creator

Re: Wc3 patch 1.27b allows for maps upto 128mb

Postby Psyris » February 14th, 2017, 4:34 am

Is WC3 IB still being played that much? It has been so long since I've played. I don't know what I'd do for a WC3 patch, beyond some bug fixing. New boss / classes? Honestly, I'd rather continue SC2 development over WC3, but I don't think there's much of an audience for either game.

Complete Noob

Postby Apheraz_Lucent » February 17th, 2017, 2:53 pm

That's a wrong way to think it up around.
Perhaps, if your map saw a more updated approach on wc3, more people would both be drawn back to it, and more new people would be willing to give it a shot. Often times, when a map is left unupdated for a lengthy amount of time, people will drift away from it simply because the game gets monotone.

The new map size patch allows for many things left undesired - custom character and bosses skins or models, icons, etc.

I believe the content itself is quite enough to stand alone, but there's always things to add up, or fix up.
One or two more variations on mages weapons, for example, would add a fresh approach from playing the same character over and over again. If you're issued about balancing the loot table's drops itself, perhaps only one of the class type weapon from new ones could drop (in ex: if there were 3 staffs for the Ice Mage, only one would ever drop in entire game, regardless if it's bought or passed).

Creator

Postby Psyris » February 18th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Well, the new patch did get me to look through Hives assets (suprising it's still so active) and consider some changes. I recoginize some people still prefer the WC version over SC2, so I would like to get out a patch eventually. If that WC3 HD rumor turns out to be true or blizz has some other big updates in store that would be enough motivation for me to start right away. For now though, I'd rather spend any dev time on SC2.

Apheraz_Lucent wrote:One or two more variations on mages weapons, for example, would add a fresh approach from playing the same character over and over again.
There used to be the Advanced Staff that any mage class could use, I meant to add that back in some form. Right now the loot table has a lot of weapon options for Ranger and too few for everyone else.

Semi-Noob

Postby ktae3102 » February 24th, 2017, 1:53 am

Psyris wrote:Is WC3 IB still being played that much? It has been so long since I've played. I don't know what I'd do for a WC3 patch, beyond some bug fixing. New boss / classes? Honestly, I'd rather continue SC2 development over WC3, but I don't think there's much of an audience for either game.

OMG Hello Psyris It`s a 1st time of me to meet U :>

I`m Korean ,Playing IB at KOR free server .Named M16 [ttps://m16.online/Index]
This server always have 4~8K Players all time
Even though Asia server is dead

What I want to tell U is, Many plp still playing WC3 IB
We have a Clan and Community

We Cleared H about 2 Years ago
But Our new generation [New members] still try to beat Hard and Normal.
The latest best try was [31th Dec 2016] Noraml clear and Hard Ancient`s uproot
I can give U a replay if u want

And here is the another example 4 ,We have much interests and audiences

One of our member cleared [VE with 2 plp] 10 times with different comp and other Minority plays .plus solo VE claer

It means If we don`t have enough plp 4 N or H
We try low difficulty with less plp [1 VE] [2 VE] [3 E] [5 M] like this

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1032&p=1465&hilit=Moderate#p1465
https://youtu.be/M1M3Sr4g-64

And this week we still played N difficulty

I really appreciate your wonderful map xd
If u see this Quote.Plz leave any message for alarm

Complete Noob

Postby Apheraz_Lucent » February 24th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Psyris wrote:Well, the new patch did get me to look through Hives assets (suprising it's still so active) and consider some changes. I recoginize some people still prefer the WC version over SC2, so I would like to get out a patch eventually. If that WC3 HD rumor turns out to be true or blizz has some other big updates in store that would be enough motivation for me to start right away. For now though, I'd rather spend any dev time on SC2.

One or two more variations on mages weapons, for example, would add a fresh approach from playing the same character over and over again.

The Hive will always be alive as long as there are people who need help. We ain't going to die out that easily :)

About loot tables, if enough "new" items would be added, an additional weapon slot per loot table could be unlocked. I'm pretty sure a new item for every class (apart from sword and bow) would round up to have exactly all items cycle through all boss fights, giving the players an option. Ideally, every char should have at least one variant of a weapon, allowing them to fullfill different roles depends on a team's needs. If nothing else, a bug fix version which also could potentially be the first non-beta one would be awesome as well.

On a side note, being an experienced 2D texturer, I can offer you my services for the IB warcraft 3 variant if that's enough of a motivation to kick you up to try to dedicate some time. Some of my skinning examples can be seen here:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/mo ... lp.277715/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/sp ... lp.274597/

Or just visit my THW profile and look 'em all up.

Creator

Postby Psyris » February 26th, 2017, 8:03 am

Hi ktae3102, thanks for the update; it seems there is more interest than I had imagined. :)
I would like that hard replay for later.

Apheraz_Lucent wrote:About loot tables...

This is a great idea. Adding more weapons, another item slot to the loot table, and fixing bugs is what I'd do at a minimum for a WC patch. Of course, it's about time it lost its beta tag too.

Apheraz_Lucent wrote:On a side note...

I really appreciate that, though I'm not sure how far I'd take a new WC patch; we'll see once I get started. Updating models and whatnot is possible.

Right now I am working on a big update to SC2 IB and once that is out, I'll try and release a new patch for WC with the noted changes.

Semi-Noob

Postby ktae3102 » February 26th, 2017, 10:46 am

WOW WC3 update Holy Moly :lol: :lol:

If U don`t know what to add for the patch

Can we upload our ideas for the update?

[quote="Psyris"]Hi ktae3102, thanks for the update; it seems there is more interest than I had imagined. :)
I would like that hard replay for later. ]

You mean cleared or [31th Dec 2016]`s uproot ?

Creator

Postby Psyris » February 26th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Ya, the Hard clear replay.

Fee free to post any ideas you have.

Semi-Noob

Postby ktae3102 » February 27th, 2017, 11:34 am

Psyris wrote:Ya, that replay.

Fee free to post any ideas you have.

Yeah I send U a PM.

But re cannot be posted .So I change the File Name Extension .ZIP