Impossible Bosses SC2 Future update

Read here for news and important updates regarding Impossible Bosses.
Creator

Impossible Bosses SC2 Future update

Postby Psyris » February 27th, 2017, 4:23 pm

So I've started work on a significant update for SC2 IB; there's going to be a new boss, at least one new class, notable combat changes and some updates to older classes and bosses. I think this might be the biggest patch yet. If there are things you'd like to see feel free to post them in this thread. I'm going to be busy for about 2 weeks, but I should be able to get this out by the end of March.

Advertisement

Semi-Noob

Re: Impossible Bosses SC2 Future update

Postby ktae3102 » February 27th, 2017, 4:41 pm

I just played SC2 IB just once -Sorry :mrgreen:

So In one ear and out the other

My first impression was
There is no sound and visual effects
Like Hack and Slash`s

While attacking Boss I thought just hitting air
Maybe It`s cuz of there base difference [SC2 , WC3]

And the Camera is locked so it was so annoying
Plz let the camera free

Hope SC2 IB`s success

Creator

Postby Psyris » February 27th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Actually, you can unlock the Camera. There's an option for that in "Settings" while you are in the lobby. I suppose it should default to no camera following however.

Not sure at what point you played but the visuals and sounds have improved over time. The next version will be a big improvement on that point though!

Semi-Noob

Postby ktae3102 » February 27th, 2017, 5:10 pm

Oh Sry I didn`t know that

I Just be a help to SC2 IB ;)

And I send a simple E-mail to U plz check.

Semi-Noob

Postby Fatline » March 2nd, 2017, 11:12 am

SC2 IB is much easier than the WC3 One.
When the New Version came out,we finished the Hard/Impossible within a week :|
The Dragon is easy to slain,in any case.And some souls is too powerful(Such as Gavin's soul).
I've played WC3 IB for 4 years and SC2 IB for 2 years.I love Impossible Bosses :D

Creator

Postby Psyris » March 2nd, 2017, 1:23 pm

I feel like the game got easier than intended in some areas after the adjustment to hero movement speed. The goal is for Hard to be very close to WC's Normal. So with 4.0 there will be some boss adjustments that push the game in that direction.

Are there any other bosses that feel too easy on Hard? What other souls are too powerful?

Semi-Noob

Postby Fatline » March 3rd, 2017, 4:17 am

Psyris wrote:I feel like the game got easier than intended in some areas after the adjustment to hero movement speed. The goal is for Hard to be very close to WC's Normal. So with 4.0 there will be some boss adjustments that push the game in that direction.

Are there any other bosses that feel too easy on Hard? What other souls are too powerful?

I dont think so.The rate of beating Pandemonium is lower than 5%.Yes some bosses are hard enough,but there is no reason for the other bosses harder than the last one(After many times of Gameover at the Other bosses,we saw the Dragon for the First time,And soon we killed the Dragon.It makes us feel lost)
Making the bosses easier to defeat seems to be a bad ider.

Here are some bosses that harder(or easier) than the others:
+Atomsk,the Hardest bosses in Hard+.
+Rayel,No way to avoid Black Heart under 50%.[Normal+]
-Ancient Spirit,now it is the second boss.With the help of souls,Destory the Old Tree(how we called the Ancient Spirit) is quiet easy.
+Belthazar,Ultimate is very hard. :shock: [Hard+]

And the souls:
If one man take these three Passive Souls:
Gaven's soul,which Increase the damage of Normal Attack.[:evil: :evil: :evil:]
Fairy soul,Normal Attack have 60% to heal a teamates.[ :evil: :evil: ]
Rouge soul,Increase the attack speed.
He will gain the Highest DPS and HPS :mrgreen:

Semi-Noob

Postby ktae3102 » March 5th, 2017, 7:47 am

I played SC2 IB today

I think Souls or Items cool down must be showed up at Item inventory , and left bottom of the Screen
like WC3 `s clockwise mark

The potions or Active items are marked but Passive things are not

Postby Krucho » March 5th, 2017, 11:51 am

So after a long time of inactivity I played sc2 today and there was an IB game open so I joined.

First thing I noticed after coming back to it is, holy shit nobody has shadows?! That's why it always looked a bit weird! SC2 has very nice shadows if there is a way for you to get them I really think you should look into it im sure it would make the game look much better. Maybe it would get some fags stuck in war3 (you know who you are) and some new players to get to play the sc2 version more, because as much as I adore this game a game without shadows looks pretty incomplete. (especially with the new shop arena, before you were just floating in the air so it was like "okay" but now that you have actual ground it really looks jarring to have no shadows)

I know your terrain is handmade instead of the normal sc2 terrain so it might be tricky but if you can't manage to get the sick sc2 shadows you could instead stick some blob shadows like war3 I suppose but that would be a shame.

I know one arcade game that uses shadows very well is The Thing -Arctic- some kind of zombie map, you got flashlights casting large real time shadows on the walls it looks pretty fucking amazing honestly if we could get just a little bit of that in IB that'd be ♥

Anyways looking forward to the update thank you for doing this as usual! : )

Creator

Postby Psyris » March 5th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Fatline wrote:Here are some bosses that harder(or easier) than the others:

I agree that Ancient is a little too easy at the moment and Belthazar's ultimate is super hard to dodge consistently so it needs adjusting. Might just remove the burn that's applied by the explosions (big initial hit would keep it).

I'll add a cooldown indicator to all passive souls.

As for shadows, I'll look into adding them. I don't know what happend there.

Next

Return to Announcements