IB Possible Standalone?

Discuss Impossible Bosses with your fellow players.
Complete Noob

IB Possible Standalone?

Postby Aphotic » June 8th, 2016, 2:42 pm

I found this on a Unity forum thread. There was not a lot of information on it, but there was this:
IB_Advertisement.png
(342.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Advertisement

Complete Noob

Re: IB Possible Standalone?

Postby TerrorSC » June 12th, 2016, 6:50 pm

Could you link the thread?

Postby Krucho » June 21st, 2016, 1:49 pm

The problem with a standalone IB is that you would have to recreate the entire game engine, networking and top quality assets, Blizzard already provides ALL of this with their great editors.
That's an insane amount of work to recreate, and for what result? I think IBs are masterpieces but they are just not popular enough.
There's been a very good quality standalone game based on "Warlock" released, and the game simply died pretty fast from what I've seen, from a lack of solo mode notably. If an IB standalone would be made it would die pretty quickly, at least in warlock you can 1v1 a friend, in IB you'd need to wait like 4-8 people to not get totally slaughtered and that's just not a realistic thing to hope for, even if your game is godlike (which is also, not a realistic thing to hope for!).

huh anyways i'd like to see that unity thread too! This screenshot kinda seems like something Psyris would make so im very curious now lol

Noob

Postby Elton » July 10th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Could you link the thread?too

Return to General Discussion