Some sugestions

Discuss the ways in which Impossible Bosses could be improved.
Noob

Some sugestions

Postby Incendiis » May 19th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Hello, i am not the good one player, but having some thoughts on class abilities.
I have noticed there is some free space on the right side of the screen when choosing your hero, so the may be something useful like another skills. This will provide 2-se more skills plus its combinations. For example Priest could have aoe skill instead of his primary 215 heal, with 2 range and 150 number;
channeling skill instead of chain heal with 150 hp each second for 4 seconds;
single target buff + 100% hp regen for 10 seconds;
cry + 10% outcomming dmg (not vulnerability) for 8 seconds;
single target shield buff for extra 2500 hp,
and at last, instead of res, damage skill with 100 number and 5 seconds cd.

If i am correct, such editing will fundamentally ruin the original IB gameplay, but provide much more flexibility.

Second idea is to add the buff for players, who have completed currently playing difficulty. It wouldn't ruin challenge of higher difficulties, but will make this lovely map more playable for newcomers. (for example + 10% to hp, mana, dmg)

And the third one:
i wish i could change camera distance

PS THANKS ALOT for this map ^_^

Advertisement

Creator

Re: Some sugestions

Postby Psyris » May 20th, 2014, 12:11 am

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The skill suggestion is cool, but it hurts team composition to a degree; your allies need to know exactly what your hero is capable so they can pick accordingly. Plus, I'd rather devote my time to new heros. I plan to add a lot.

I'm still on the fence about power that carries from game to game. It's not out of the question.

The current camera encompasses most of the arena for the majority of fights. Is there a specific fight were you want to adjust it or just in general?

Administrator
Location: Lurking in the shadows, ready to use the BanHammer.

Postby Dem0n_Hunter » May 20th, 2014, 9:32 am

I actually like one of you're idea but in a different sense. What I originally thought when you said:
Second idea is to add the buff for players, who have completed currently playing difficulty.

Was that, the players who have completed the current difficulty get a hallow on their head or something to differentiate them from the other. But then you said something like an actual buff which is not what I was thinking. So anyway, I do think a cool aura for players who have completed the game on certain difficulty would be nice.
**********I AM BLIND NOT DEAF***********

Noob

Postby Incendiis » May 20th, 2014, 9:57 am

About skills:

Just as i thought you declined it, but you think it can be cool, so ill try to improve my suggestion this way:

I think (according to my pour jass (in wc3)) that it can be crated a floating window mouseover picked by other players chars, (mby like tooltips on skills). This can become solution. (it can be only icons (enabling in ingame settings menu) and not visible by default).

About camera:

I play via laptop (16) or TV (42 in 3 meters of eyes), even on laptop i feel some difficulties targeting fast moving allies playing priest. I know this is only my fault, but it will be nice to have an opportunity to change camera distance like it was made in wc3 IB.
I feel like new boss arenas a bit smaller than in wc3, and you tried to setup camera distance according to be fit with it, but if this little pity disturb only such idiots like me it can definitely be postponed (i believe you will do it one day anyway).

About buffs: i am sorry, didn't know your position.

New suggestions:

Healing done tab.

it would be nice to have some different boss mechanics except survive for dps ing.
not moving far away Blizz:

Valithria Dreamwalker - HPS race
Razorgore the Untamed - player control boss itself
C'Thun - like the example of cooperation

And finally i want to introduce my own boss fight idea.

Here are 3 arenas with 2 bosses. They are not connected (players can't leave or enter another 1 arena by will). Players start randomly in arenas (even number like 3-3 (if there will come time when IB could provide more than 6 ppl teams)) and every 30 seconds are teleported to the same point of another arena.

In one arena boss do heavy dmg (slow single target attacks for - 1000 hp per hit with 2.5 seconds cd, not avoidable, but hitting the closest target in range) total 12k per 1 half team (3 players).

He moves slowly, but fires non-stop wave-flying balls (. - " - . - ") (this is the traction of one ball), that only stun players when hit for the time like 1 second while the next will hit player in 1.1 second. 3 firing directions at 1 time chosen randomly at start and rotate on boss during fight (nonstop for 12 degrees per second)

Boss casts explosions (counterable) with huge aoe 2/3 of arena and 1500 dmg, if they hit player boss gain 25% mana with some period (like 12 seconds)

Whenever any hero is standing in low range from boss (like 1 or 1.5) second boss get temporal vulnerability for 1% each second until trigering hero leaves this area (doesn't affect more than 1 hero at 1 time)

Second boss don't harm that much, he is 2-se bigger than players heroes, moves very fast (like ranger with sprint activated) in random direction until hits wall and continue moving opposite direction (like a ball and wall) and is stuned whenever any player from first boss get stuned same with hero time. This arena is circle.

When second boss passes through heroes they get 1000 dmg and boss mana is increased by 5%.

Every 10 seconds second boss casts void areas on heroes (without stopping) for 1/5 of arena size (counterable), which damage players for 300 per second and increasing first boss vulnerability for 1% constantly. This areas doesn't disappear.

When any boss get his mana to 100% all players are teleported to the third arena with both bosses standing and casting party wipe spell with 10 seconds time. (no D, no counter)

And at last whenever except third arena any boss dies all players in other boss arena are instantly killed (D button saves + 1 and 5% hp boss anouncements with no other indicators)

thats it ^_^

Semi-Noob

Postby Inkling » May 21st, 2014, 6:15 pm

Psyris wrote:I'm still on the fence about power that carries from game to game. It's not out of the question.

I like the idea of having things carry over from game to game to encourage pubbing, but I'm not so sure about things that affect gameplay.

Administrator
Location: Lurking in the shadows, ready to use the BanHammer.

Postby Dem0n_Hunter » May 21st, 2014, 6:59 pm

Inkling wrote:
Psyris wrote:I'm still on the fence about power that carries from game to game. It's not out of the question.

I like the idea of having things carry over from game to game to encourage pubbing, but I'm not so sure about things that affect gameplay.

I agree. I don't feel comfortable with actual buffs that would carry over. It'd be like RPG or something if they did. IDK.

Anyways, I think anything that doesn't actually give advantage would be nice. Like for HoF people, they could get a shiny hallow around their name or something. Now, that'd be cool
**********I AM BLIND NOT DEAF***********

Return to Suggestions