IB Groups[US/EU server]

Find, discuss, or recruit members for Groups or Clans that play Impossible Bosses.
Noob

IB Groups[US/EU server]

Postby Rdy » July 10th, 2014, 3:58 pm

Usually US servers meet at 10pm [EST], sometimes earlier.
EU meets at (converted time) 2:30pm [EST].

Well let's set our ego's aside(primarily me) and state a few things in order to hopefully progress into IB2 and claiming a Hard-Mode + clear in our near future.

Let's do the facts first since these are usually irrefutable.
1. US and EU server do not have a hard mode clear currently. Concurrently, both have been claimed by Asian servers.
2. To my knowledge, when we go into a 6 man+ group, we use no form of voice/instantaneous sort of communication.
3. Math things: When you die (with a token) you burn at least 25 gold. 10 for the cost, 10 from the potential gold bonus, and 5 from the downgrade in rank. Now.. given that we are in a full group, you burn 5 more from each person, totaling to be 25 gold - 50 gold for being the first death.
4. When your HP reaches 0, you are unable to act. When your mana reaches 0, you can regenerate it back, you can still auto attack, and you can even make the boss target you.
5. Each player's boss experience will vary, not every player who is in the IB2 group has the same exposure to each IB2 Boss.
6. The [LOTI] tag, regardless to what CorruptionOFLOL (who in my opinion is an odd fellow) or Psyris may tell you, does not make you a legendary IB2 player.

Now, the other part of this rant. While I can agree that there is some fun in losing and glory in defeat, it does get exhausting. The goal of every player is not the same which is perfectly fine. We play IB2 because it is fun, not because of the princess's soul at the end of the level. BUT, we are banging our heads against a wall due to there being a lack of experienced players who are on to play a game together. At this point, it may be best to maximize our potential as players, and bluntly put it, to pick a damn class and learn how to *Gasp* actually play it.
While this process may not particularly be fun, hitting the same Gravelord wall is even less so. I'm not saying to stop playing Battle Priest, or Tank Ragor, or Blade Caster, but perhaps certain abilities could be utilized at better points in the game when a particular bosses' ability is used, rather than spammy McSpammerson on cooldown. That, and perhaps forgoing damage on the boss can be better utilized on summoned units. And of course to maximizing survivability over damage.[Can't do the 1337 dps when you dead, boi.] This is in the perspective of Rdy (who is a horrible player, in my opinion), so feel free to ignore, take it with a grain of salt, or consume it in like air.

Either way, results are results.

Advertisement

Re: IB Groups[US/EU server]

Postby Krucho » July 11th, 2014, 7:23 am

My personal top 5 of things that bug me :

1. People not killing trees or imps, I facepalm myself every time when I see a crowd of these in the first minute of the fight.
2. Missing easiest counters in the universe with 3 counter classes.
3. Greed above all when picking souls. (A warlock should probably not take varenel... or even worse alchemist)
4. Lack of good players.
5. L A C K _ O F _ G O O D _ P L A Y E R S .

So huh.. whats the plan? Lets be honest I don't see a lot of NA dailies outside of Tuesdays.

Noob

Postby bowente » July 11th, 2014, 10:47 am

Hi!Rdy!

This topic I have thanslated into Chinese to [http://www.ib2cn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39&extra=page%3D1] which is the forum that Chinese IB2 fans gathering, our team members have a look and want to say something, and maybe I could have a word for they.

1、Team members have played IB1 before is better.(All the players in Chinese team that clear on hard have played IB1)

2、The division of work should clear and definite, and cannot change too much. For example, Rdy play Ranger is wonderful, Krucho is a Tank master, bowente have a Priest profession, then, our training is no need replace hero. As for Chinese team, everyone have a best played hero, the 6 man beat on hard fight together one month don't change role once.Tank is a Tank,don't play DPS; DPS pay all attention to HIT AND RUN; and so on...training again and again.

3、Team should know which Boss's ability must be interrupted by F and set a priority. For example, our team make a decision(ON HARD fight for the Tree):Dragon Knight counter the 1st FLOURISH, Ranger counter the 1st ROOT, Warlock counter the 1st ANCIENTBLAST. So US/EU server's team can have your own way, and training again and again.

4、Item is belong to who? Our team's rule is: Resourceful Soul belong to Priest; Varenel's Shadow give to Battle Master or Warlock; Zephire's Instability give to Battle Master or Ranger; Prophet's Foresight and Molten Soul give to Dragon Knight, and so on...US/EU server's team can have your own way, and form a habit.

5、The most important thing is KNOW Boss's Abilities. There only just have a look at IB2 WIKI is not enough, the better way is make a Tactics for EVERY BOSS. Our forum (www.ib2cn.com) have 6 Bosses Tactics with picture and words, so IB2 fans can learn something if they hope.

6、Discussing, self-examination, training and form a habit, the boss will be a little case for you.

by bowente

Noob

Postby Rdy » July 11th, 2014, 11:06 am

Krucho wrote:My personal top 5 of things that bug me :

1. People not killing trees or imps, I facepalm myself every time when I see a crowd of these in the first minute of the fight.
2. Missing easiest counters in the universe with 3 counter classes.
3. Greed above all when picking souls. (A warlock should probably not take varenel... or even worse alchemist)
4 & 5. L A C K _ O F _ G O O D _ P L A Y E R S .

So huh.. whats the plan? Lets be honest I don't see a lot of NA dailies outside of Tuesdays.

1. This I can agree with as a fact, you either kill a imp or you don't ( it dies or it doesn't). The only thing left up for debate is the effort you put into killing it, you actively look and use your cooldown or you don't.
2. Opinionated, some people have lag or are not familiar with counterable spells given their classes. But something like deludge with a 9 second cast... Yea....
3.Opinionated, I agree that some souls are more useful on others and a waste to another but that is up to the team to best perform together. Doesn't make you greedy, it just doesn't maximize stat potential.
4. I am unsure of how to measure a bad to a good player. Usually we just rate others to current their highest achieved results, whereas we see ourselves and measure it to our own highest potential. Huge disparity, thus results are the least bias way really. So: Lack_of_Hard_mode_Phantomdragon_experienced_players.

bowente wrote:Hi!Rdy!

1、Team members have played IB1 before is better.(All the players in Chinese team that clear on hard have played IB1)

2、The division of work should clear and definite, and cannot change too much. For example, Rdy play Ranger is wonderful, Krucho is a Tank master, bowente have a Priest profession, then, our training is no need replace hero. As for Chinese team, everyone have a best played hero, the 6 man beat on hard fight together one month don't change role once.Tank is a Tank,don't play DPS; DPS pay all attention to HIT AND RUN; and so on...training again and again.

3、Team should know which Boss's ability must be interrupted by F and set a priority. For example, our team make a decision(ON HARD fight for the Tree):Dragon Knight counter the 1st FLOURISH, Ranger counter the 1st ROOT, Warlock counter the 1st ANCIENTBLAST. So US/EU server's team can have your own way, and training again and again.

4、Item is belong to who? Our team's rule is: Resourceful Soul belong to Priest; Varenel's Shadow give to Battle Master or Warlock; Zephire's Instability give to Battle Master or Ranger; Prophet's Foresight and Molten Soul give to Dragon Knight, and so on...US/EU server's team can have your own way, and form a habit.

5、The most important thing is KNOW Boss's Abilities. There only just have a look at IB2 WIKI is not enough, the better way is make a Tactics for EVERY BOSS. Our forum (http://www.ib2cn.com) have 6 Bosses Tactics with picture and words, so IB2 fans can learn something if they hope.

6、Discussing, self-examination, training and form a habit, the boss will be a little case for you.
by bowente

Howdy Bowente,
1. This isn't a requirement, new players can be great too, but are usually less vested then older players.

2. Rdy as a wonderful Ragor? Oh man, step aside (one who is unusually odd) there's a new archer in town. But in seriousness, I did think about assigning one class person and to try to achieve the results we need but tirelessly practicing over and over one class. We are slowly figuring it out and accepting that we need the same 6 classes, but getting the same 6 players is way too difficult especially when we leave out people. =[

3.We try to do that, but Corr insist we do quick typing or 'Y' or 'N', or make Psyris counter everything.

4.I thought about assigning items to a particular person, but that's really up in the air. Items can work differently for different people and play styles, but I guess that's mainly because we don't always play with the same 6 people.

5. That's a lot work that will have to be applied for newcomers, especially when our focus in NA is to increase it's popularity and getting Psy that mula.

6. ^ as above. It will be treating a game as work, and fun is what some may just want of it? I don't think everyone is going to alienate their friends or new faces just to achieve the Hall of Fame, but I guess losing isn't for everyone (nor is winning for NA and EU apparently).

Semi-Noob

Postby Inkling » July 11th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Since everyone is making numbered lists. I guess I'll have a go too.

I've got three things.

1. The only thing that ever bothers me is people being arrogant about their IB skills.

2. The [LOTI] tag does indeed make you a true legendary player, despite what Rdy (who is a horrible player, in his opinion) might tell you.

3. @bowente: Discovering the Chinese IB community is cool, and I'd love to play with you guys sometime.

Site Admin

Postby CorruptionOfLOL » July 11th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Rdy wrote:6. The [LOTI] tag, regardless to what CorruptionOFLOL (who in my opinion is an odd fellow) or Psyris may tell you, does not make you a legendary IB2 player.

3.We try to do that, but Corr insist we do quick typing or 'Y' or 'N', or make Psyris counter everything.

Have dirtier lies ever been published to the Internet? I think not!

Noob

Postby bowente » July 11th, 2014, 8:10 pm

【2.Rdy as a wonderful Ragor? Oh man, step aside (one who is unusually odd) there's a new archer in town.】
Rdy play Ranger is wonderful=if Rdy play Ranger is wonderful, Krucho is a Tank master= if Krucho is a Tank master, I have never played with Rdy and Krucho how could I know which hero they play nice enough? Just a example.

【4.I thought about assigning items to a particular person, but that's really up in the air. Items can work differently for different people and play styles, but I guess that's mainly because we don't always play with the same 6 people.】
Different team have different way to assign items, you can have your own way, I just share our team's experience.

【6. ^ as above. It will be treating a game as work, and fun is what some may just want of it? I don't think everyone is going to alienate their friends or new faces just to achieve the Hall of Fame, but I guess losing isn't for everyone (nor is winning for NA and EU apparently).】
In my opinion, if you play on EASY or NORMAL, team have fun to play. Have no Tank/Have no Priest/Have 6 Warlock you can clear NORMAL with no doubt. But a team don't have the division of work they have no chance to clear on HARD+.So have no target on HARD(or Hall Of Fame) have no probability to clear. Someone play IB2 just for fun only suit EASY or NORMAL.

Team as a team, every member has own responsibility.

【Discovering the Chinese IB community is cool, and I'd love to play with you guys sometime.】
Hi!Inkling!We also want to play with EU and US, but we could not login US/EU server because Chinese Server is so ridiculous that both CN Battle.net and US Battle.net cannot transfer each other. On the other hand jet lag and slow speed net are BIG problem.

Semi-Noob

Postby Inkling » July 11th, 2014, 9:12 pm

bowente wrote:【Discovering the Chinese IB community is cool, and I'd love to play with you guys sometime.】
Hi!Inkling!We also want to play with EU and US, but we could not login US/EU server because Chinese Server is so ridiculous that both CN Battle.net and US Battle.net cannot transfer each other. On the other hand jet lag and slow speed net are BIG problem.

SC2 Arcade is free for EU / US so you can just make a new free account (?)

I tried making a CN account, but it seems I need some ID# (身份证号码).

Noob

Postby bowente » July 11th, 2014, 10:16 pm

【SC2 Arcade is free for EU / US so you can just make a new free account (?)】
I can make a free account so I can vote IB2 to 【Rock the Cabinet】,but I cannot install English Game Client.Someone say that once you have install Chinese Game Client you will not install other country's Client.
无法安装.png
无法安装.png (5.17 KiB) Viewed 8040 times

【I tried making a CN account, but it seems I need some ID# (身份证号码).】
If you are not a Chinese citizen, you can't have a ID((身份证号码)...So in any case a non-Chinese man can't login Chinese Server, this is why Chinese Server is ridiculous...

Noob

Postby Elton » May 19th, 2016, 1:25 am

That's great.

Next

Return to Groups and Clans