Marathon Mode

Discuss the ways in which Impossible Bosses could be improved.
Noob

Marathon Mode

Postby brimmafe » August 17th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Maybe a mode whereby we are fighting the bosses in the traditional IB formula?
Like Fire->Ice/Water->Earth-> Etc. instead of the current megaman-esk style.

Actually I'd rather have this be the default mode, and maybe only opening up the boss selection after clearing them for the first time. Of course the current formula always opens up more variety for the new players as they can try their hands on the different bosses instead of repeatedly getting killed by one. And can also create strategies, approaches and whatnot.

But I was always very thrilled because with the old formula - having to rely on pubscrubs means I am always blown away after clearing a boss for the first time and then getting my ass delivered to me in a handbasket by the new abilities and overall theme of the next boss. (It was hilarious seeing my friends getting Raekt by Raezon the first time.)

Just a little something to bring back the nostalgia of the old IB days perhaps :lol: ?

Advertisement

Semi-Noob

Re: Marathon Mode

Postby Inkling » August 19th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Having to clear a boss to see the next one is an interesting point.

I think the boss' difficulties need to be closer for the selection to actually add depth (i.e., when we used to delay light/shadow/ice to wait for ob + inf was interesting). Right now it feels more like an "illusion of choice". Whether that needs changing though, I'm undecided on it.

Re: Marathon Mode

Postby Krucho » August 20th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Ancient or Vale as first boss is interesting depending on your team composition (no tank makes ancient much harder), but as of now Rayel or Narthuul is a no brainer, gravelord way too stronk.

Noob

Marathon Mode

Postby EddieSCig » June 8th, 2019, 8:16 pm

I love to play dota and enjoys playing hero defense map, so development team can you add this mode to your map?

Return to Suggestions